Merry Christmas!

I look forward to today 365 days a year, which may be part of the reason why I’m still up at 2:45am baking Christmas biscottis. I got back from the midnight mass at around 1:30, 90% of me wanted to sleep, the other 10% wanted to bake.. decisions, decisions.

Cranberry Pistachio (aka Christmas, aka Green & Red) Biscotti

makes about 3 dozen

Ingredients

  • 1/4 cup light olive oil or butter
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries
  • 1 1/2 cups pistachio nuts
Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F
2. halve/chop the pistachios

2. Set aside the cranberries and pistachios

3.Β In a large bowl, mix together oil and sugar until well blended. Mix in the vanilla and almond extracts, then beat in the eggs. Combine flour, salt, and baking powder; gradually stir into egg mixture. Mix in cranberries and pistachios with a spatula

4. Divide dough in half. Form two logs. Dough may be sticky so you can wet your hands with cool water to handle dough more easily.

5. Bake for 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until logs are light brown. Remove from oven, and set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Reduce oven heat to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C)

6. Cut logs on diagonal into 3/4 inch thick slices. Bake approximately 8 to 10 minutes, or until dry; cool.

And there you have it! πŸ™‚

Tea & Biscotti anyone? πŸ™‚ Maybe after I get some sleep πŸ™‚

To my friends and family, near and far, I love you all and hope you have a Merry Christmas πŸ™‚

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: